August 06, 2011

Dearest Family,

Just thought you should know that I killed three mosquitoes in my room tonight. I was so proud that I finally killed them after first feeling badly at the thought.

Then I noticed there were about a hundred more on my walls, ceiling, door, even hanging out in my bed.

I went on a rampage.

There are only two left that I can see and that is only because they are way up high and in a corner. No doubt they smell the blood on my palms and are keeping their distance.




I had dreams of pursuing a career in music post-mission. You know, because I love it. And while I love social work... I just don't. I do love helping people. Helping people is very different.
The dreams are still there. But funding for the arts will be non-existent in about two years, I'm sure. Hey Congress, thanks for screwing us over.


Barter system, anyone?

2 comments:

Carla said...

Killing mosquitoes is most satisfying! And govt. shouldn't be involved in funding the arts, anyway. You'll do best on your own.

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Plenty of private schools will still have programs and LAUSD still has a program you just have to go to a different school each day...sad. You can also teach on your own -- which I think would be really fun!