April 28, 2019

Looking Forward

I used to really enjoy keeping a blog. It was a good outlet. It kept my family updated.

But now I'm a little more grown up and don't need to vent my feelings. I manage my feelings easier. I have a great life. I own my home so I choose my roommates, I have a sweet cat, a fun- albeit small- garden, a great calling teaching little kids at my church, and sufficient money for my needs. I have Instagram to keep in touch with my family. Most of us are on Google Hangouts and spend a ridiculous amount of time chatting with each other all day.

But I mean, have you read my old blog posts? Not only were they fun to write, they're so fun to go back and read! I was really good at journaling while on my mission, but, like many other missionary-habits, pretty much stopped as soon as I came home. So maybe I'll start blogging again as a way to keep a journal, and have fun things to go back and read a few years later.

I'm quitting my job in a week and may or may not get another one soon after. Assuming I don't, here's what I'll be working on most intensely:
  • losing thirty pounds
  • reading Brandon Sanderson's Elantris
  • cross-stitching a huge pattern of James Christensen piece Faith, Hope, and Charity
  • getting swole
  • my garden
  • studying for the LSAT
Exciting, right? If you quit your job and had a free summer, what would you do? Is 31 years too old to blog your summer break?

No comments: