August 25, 2011

THIS IS BY FAR MY FAVORITE WEDDING EVER!

And probably just because she's wearing her glasses! Love it!


Anyway. I have something to say on the subject of weddings. Approximately 24,534,596 of my girlfriends have either been dumped by their fiances/almost-fiances or have fallen into the snares of boys who have no manhood. And it makes me sad.

I don't think I want to live in Provo again.

Because, you see, guys here are like girls. And girls are forced to be like men. Role reversal, you get me? Like woman have to make all the decisions, and if they are not dramatic enough, boys do not want it.

Why, just last night, a guy was telling me about an ex-girlfriend. "Her parents hated me. But we didn't care. We would sneak out and tell lies and make out in my car. We couldn't be apart."

Oh my gosh. Is this high school? Because that's what I did in high school. Or what I wanted to do. Don't worry Mom, I didn't lie, except for once in junior high, I was too scared.

And then! And then he says to me! Something like: "I want to have that again and keep her and turn it into something real."

Ha. A ha ha. Aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah!

The drama of a grown man. I caaaaaaaan't take it.

Perhaps I shouldn't say it's a role reversal, rather a return back to adolescence. I don't wish to insult my sex.

Because I, and my girlfriends, are all perfectly willing to be with someone who is mature, kind, attentive, stable, and ambitious. But the guys, they need the drama! The passion!



-SMH-

2 comments:

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

I agree, you should just come back home or move to DC after your mission.

Oh I have an idea -- go to graduate school at Georgetown or American and snag a DC hottie.

Carla said...

I know some guys at BYU that wanted to get married... found the girl and got married. :) They were mature and wanted to get on with life.
Passion is nice, but drama we can do without.